Goodbye


Today we said goodbye to our sweet Pongo due to navicular complications.  There are absolutely no words to describe the depth of our loss, just tears knowing he had a beautiful last morning and the kind decision for him was made by those who loved him so.  Nine years with you was not nearly enough.

Comments

  1. oh no, i am so sorry for your loss! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, I felt like I got punched in the gut when I read that title. I just knew. I am so sorry, that's awful. He was way too young. Thinking of you, and lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart aches for you Nicku. I am so sorry for your loss- Pongo was so lucky to have you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nicku, what heartbreak!!! And that beautiful photo.... I know you will show that to your son as he grows through the years, and tell him of the very special horse that his mom trusted through her pregnancy and early motherhood. Sobbing with you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nicku ... there are no words for how sorry I am for your loss. I really enjoyed reading about your adventures with him, and it is so clear how much you loved him and how much he adored you. I am just so heartbroken for you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Nicku, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. There are no words, but know that you are not alone. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss! No matter how long we have our dear animal friends it is never long enough! I am praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking about you and very sorry for your loss.

    It's so hard when they leave us in general but especially so when it feels as though it wasn't their time. That's how it felt with our Legend... But I take comfort knowing he isn't in pain anymore.

    If you ever need an ear you have a bunch of people thinking about you in the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for the loss of your lovely spotted boy :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I am so very sorry. There are no words that can truly bring comfort, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your loss, there's never enough time with those we love. Hugs :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so, so sorry to read this, Nicku. God wants them all back at some point, but it's still so hard on us left here. Big, big hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm very sorry for your loss, he was such a lovely horse. Thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Nicku, I am so sorry for your loss. There truly are no sufficient words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, I am terribly sad to hear this. It's never easy to lose one, but especially not so young. My heart breaks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicku, I am so very very sorry for the loss of your beloved Pongo. I can't imagine how it must hurt put please remember you did what was best for him and after all that shows your ultimate love for him was to release him from his pain and give him green pastures to romp, roam and graze in. Love you. Grandpa Bill

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm crushed. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. He was a beautiful horse and a kind soul. You two had some amazing adventures together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so terribly sorry. He was such an amazing and truly gorgeous horse. He was lucky to have you as his special person. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family and hoping you can find some comfort in memories and knowing he is pain free and at peace. :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gutted. There are no words, so so sorry. You're in my prayers<333

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. You were such a good mom and owner to Pongo and my heart just breaks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so sorry to hear about Pongo. Your blog was one of the first I started following and I've loved following along with your journey and the big spotted man. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for your loss. You were an amazing owner to him, my heart is breaking for you! Sending hugs and prayers! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been thinking of you and Pongo ever since I saw this on facebook last night. I know you are a strong and faithful person and I know you will be okay, but that doesn't make this any easier. I'm so very sorry you had to say goodbye to him so soon, but you gave him every comfort in life and took care of him when he needed you to put his needs above your own heartache. Thank you for sharing Pongo with us. I have loved him from this side of the country for many years now. My heart aches for you right now my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh no! I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you and I wish I could give you a hug. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, what a shock to read this! I am so very sorry. He was such a beautiful horse, and that picture of him with your little guy shows his kind heart. :(

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so, so sorry this happened. He was such a good boy. You did the right thing though.

    ReplyDelete
  30. My heart is broken for you. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My heart is hurting for you. I've been a long time reader and follower of your adventures with Pongo. I know how much he was loved and how well cared for he was. I am so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You know I've been there, the struggle is tough especially when they are younger than how their bones feel :( My condolences

    ReplyDelete
  33. I saw the title of this post while still at work and knew...I am so so very sorry Nicku. My heart breaks for you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. So sorry about your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh no, I'm so sorry. I just saw this and my heart breaks for you. I can't even imagine the pain you're going through. :(

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh no, I'm so sorry! I just saw this and my heart breaks for you. I can't even imagine the pain you are in. :(

    ReplyDelete
  37. Not Pongo too! Ughhh I am so sorry. I obviously feel your pain. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts