AWESOME Clip Designs

Since my ride last night was wildly uneventful I decided to post on clipping instead.  Come to find out all the horses at my barn have their own 'signature' design...like one is a Superman logo, one is a heart, one is a clover...cuteness.  With my spotted guy there isnt much I think we can do in terms of designs, they'll just get lost in his natural pattern, but I can marvel over what other people spend their free time doing, right?

The ride last night was great, we picked up the conversation from the night before with the 10-10-10 transitions.  He was so good I almost felt bad drilling him.  So I switched it up and did 6's and 8's and 10's just to mix things up.  He was super willing.  The flexibility through his body and quality of gaits was much improved from Monday night.  I chalk that up to him having Sunday off which made him stiff and grouchy on Monday for his lesson.  Today he has a trainer ride, then I'll ride again Thursday to see what's what.

Now, on to the clipping!  Here's some cool stuff!  How do you clip your horse?  Special design?  When do you clip?

Simple, cute for a place that gets snow.

Turning your horse into an exotic animal...cool, but I think this would get old fast.

Unless...you turn your horse into a giraffe, which is RAD!

I'm not sure I can get on the name on the arse bandwagon...any fans of this?

Insert Jaws theme here...

Love this, prob what I'd do if I had a normal colored horse and wasnt showing.

For Ramone...seriously, you need to do this L...

What we'll ACTUALLY end up doing this year...keep those bucking buns toasty warm.

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, those designs are so cool. I particularly love the giraffe & 10% agree on your suggestion for Ramona! :D
    I usually do a post surrounding Kika's clipping each year, check my blog for photos of her clips! Not sure yet whether I'll clip Nancy, so far her coat isn't as thick as Miss Kika's, who is def going to have to be clipped as soon as she starts coming in at nights. Kika loves to be clipped and just dozes while being done, she doesn't need to be tied up or a halter on or anything (although obviously safety first and I always err on the side of caution) - dunno what miss Nancy will think of the whole thing if we decide to clip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I've been trying to get the skull+crossbones for years on Carlos but since we do things like GM Irene always says NO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friends whose horse's name is Giraffe and I keep trying to get her to do the giraffe pattern! 'Cause that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm probably the only one who hates cutesy clipping designs. Just ick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you could totally do ghost flames :) I agree Ramone needs skull and cross bones

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so bad at clipping, mine would come out as blobs. Have you thought about leaving fuzzy polka-dots on his rump or something? That could be adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's impressive, I don't think my hands are steady enough for those creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these!!! I asked irene to make Henry a zebra this year... She laughed at me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts