Tis the Season...Almost!



I had a so-so ride on Saturday.  I played around in the outdoor ring since it was such a gorgeous day out, but I had a spooky beast on my hands.  Well, only two spooks but they were fairly impressive.  He’s started this little game too in the canter transitions when he’s feeling high.  He pretends like he has no clue what I am asking him to do, then when I do get him to do the upwards, he leaps forward threatening to be naughty.  I chalk it all up to him feeling better, which is a good thing.  His playful, goofy side is in full gear, which is a blessing.  Sunday between getting up at the crack of dawn to set up church and volunteer, then a baby shower, then a housewarming party, riding went out the window.  Boo.

Last night made up for it though with an awesome lesson.  We worked on continued obedience and connection through the outside rein.  We started at the trot with a little shoulder fore on the circle.  If he was pushy or naughty, he went into a nose to the rail leg yield down the long side.  It was UGLY at times.  My strong willed child was none to happy about being told to get his buns in gear and stop the bossiness and move himself sideways.  However, W-O-W the trot I got after a few of those nose to the rails!  He was soft and over his back, I could push him forward and he floated right along.  The progress he’s made is fantastic.  I am thrilled with his suppleness at home.  I have no clue what kind of ride he’s going to give me this weekend at the show.  I am sure he’ll be very excited to be off the property.  

Now, let's start to get in the holiday spirit...I got my 'Back in the Saddle' catalog yesterday and saw THIS...

and THESE...

 
 I am loving this holiday action!  I might have to pick these up for the Pongster...

Comments

  1. I have a pair of antlers and already have a bunch of red tack...I'm REALLY tempted to get some stuff for his mane...maybe I could give him green and red highlights. :D I'm going to go all Christmas'y in November/December. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cutest Christmas things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Pongo would look sooooo cute in those!! Squeeee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd be ridiculously adorable and silly, and I love it.

      Delete
  4. Have a great show (and don't be afraid to put his nose to the rail going around the outside of the arena before the bell rings if necessary!)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! I have to see pics if you buy those. Gotta love how the trot improves after lateral work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I not so secretly love that saddle pad. Pongo would look great in it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts