Sunshine Award!
Yay for awards and thank you for the SUNSHINE AWARD nominations! The Sunshine Award is for people who “positively and creatively inspire
others in the blogosphere.” The nominee must do the following: thank the
person who nominated her, nominate ten bloggers of her own, answer the
ten questions given to her, and post them and the Sunshine Award button
to her blog.
Thank you to ELENA and Amber Rose for nominating me!
Thank you to ELENA and Amber Rose for nominating me!
- Mares or Geldings? Geldings, typically because I dont like drama when I ride. However, my current horse is a bigger drama llama than any mare I've ever sat on...but, it keeps things interesting I suppose.
- English or Western? English. Dressage specifically at the moment. I own a pretty sweet Western saddle for trails, but that's it.
- Do you prefer “younger” or “older” horses? Depends...I love training sensible youngsters and seeing them come along. Older, schooled horses are quite wonderful too, but I havent had one of those in about 10 years.
- Have you trained a horse from ground zero? Yes! Pongo is the first from yearling stage and I had a little help in the very beginning under saddle with a professional who knew how to break horses. I was really hands on though with him. I've re-trained many many horses and trained a handful of green broke horses as well over the years.
- Do you prefer riding or groundwork? I prefer riding, but I love groundwork and think that without a solid relationship on the ground with your horse, you're pretty much doomed undersaddle.
- Do you board your horse or keep it at home? Board, but the goal is to have land someday. I'd be satisfied even with just some pasture space so if something ever happened to my guy, or I wanted to get a babycakes youngster (or two) again I could do that.
- Do you do all natural things or just commercial stuff?(in sense of products) I think I mostly use commercial just because it's what I know, but I am not opposed to natural.
- All tacked up or bareback? TAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!! The memory of the ER in June is a little too fresh.
Buck-a-RooPongo has lost his bareback privilege for LIFE. - Equestrian role model? Hmmmm...Anyone competing at the upper levels. The grit, tenacity, patience and dedication it takes to compete at the top levels of eventing and dressage (and yeah I suppose maybe H/J too, lol, j/k L and K's) is really astounding.
- What’s your one, main goal, while being in the horses world? Right now, earning my Bronze Medal!


Ooooo I got nominated! Yay! Thanks ;D
ReplyDeleteI have also nominated you for Sunshine Award! I love reading your blog - it was one of the first I started following several years ago, and you certainly helped inspire me to start blogging in the first place. :)
ReplyDeleteeventingincolor.blogspot.com