New Kicks
Just keeps getting better!
I have had a completely sound and happy horse for over a week now. It feels amazing. I can’t describe how nice it is to get on and just GO and feel him swing evenly underneath!
I credit a slight tweak in his hind shoeing that happened
last week. When we went to the vet we
got instructions to get him a little more upright behind at his next farrier appointment.
So, I gave my farrier all the instructions from the vet and
he went to town. Result…very sound
horse. YAY!
Last week my trainer set up the dressage court and we had a
lesson in it Saturday morning. He was so
good. We ran through T2 and T3 for the
show. A few little bobbles here and
there. His straightness left MUCH to be
desired. But, I cant blame him. For months now all we’ve been doing when we
go down the center or quarter line is leg yield so it’s no wonder he had a hard
time entering at A and tracking straight down the middle.
He maintained a lovely trot and comfy canter, his upwards
were perfect. Downwards, still need some
finesse, but MUCH improved. I’m getting
really excited for the show on the 27th! We
took advantage of the sunny weather and I gave him a bubble bath and much
needed sheath cleaning.
Today (assuming the arm I got my flu shot in isn’t killing
me) we’ll get back down to business again and practice more test moves –
especially those pesky center lines!



Get it girl!! Go Pongo!
ReplyDeleteHope the fly shot doesn't ruin your plans! :)
ReplyDeleteJust caught up on the last dozen or so posts so this is a collective comment on all of them: 1. I miss you a lot too. 2. SO glad the hocks turned out to be okay. 3. We can be T2 and T3 dressage buddies. 4. Congrats on getting married (yes it HAS been that long since we've talked). We have SO MUCH to catch up on! We should schedule a phone play-date. Kiss my favorite spotted boy for me!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear he's sound as a bell! :)
ReplyDeleteHey I love reading your blog and nominated you for a blog award :) Here's a link http://thewaytoheavenisonhorseback.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/sunshine-award.html
ReplyDelete